Thursday, March 5, 2009

So how are the Dodgers doing in Arizona?

Here's an email from a friend who visited the brand new Dodgers Spring Training facility in Arizona recently:

We're in Phoenix (actually Glendale) AZ visiting my relatives who live here. I went to see the Dodgers new digs. The facilities are nowhere near finished. There are hundreds of workmen and lots of construction vehicles there working. The Dodgers are there as well. The place has none of the charm of Dodgertown. It is surrounded by fences and security people. The practice fields and batting cages appear to be done. We were stopped by fences before we could get close enough to see anything (see picture). The stadium looks like it will be very nice when complete but we could not get very close (see picture I took through fence) It appears that the stadium will seat 10,000 to 15,000 people. The good seats are $45.00, the cheap seats are $8.00. The first home game is March 1 vs Chicago White Sox whom they share the Stadium with.

It took me some time to find out where they were. Everyone I asked knew nothing about the Dodgers being here and seemed not to give a damn about it. Finally I called the City office and they told me where to go. The place is called "Camelback Ranch" on Camelback Road in Glendale. I don't think they will be done by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment